GADAR (Pendimethalin 30% EC)
- It is emulsifiable pre-emergence selective herbicide.
- Gadar is very much helpful in controlling the weeds of various crops.
- It acts by disrupting cell division and cell elongation in shoot and root meristem.
- The mechanism involves inhibition of microtubule formation in cells which results in inhibition of cell division.
- In wheat it is applied as pre-emergence i.e. immediately after sowing.
- It should not be used in the areas where aquaculture / pisciculture is practiced along with rice cultivation.